Changes to Medical Benefits for PreMedicare Individuals
- There will be an increase to the PreMedicare premiums.
- NEW- High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) will be with either Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM) or United HealthCare. There is no HDHP for Kaiser Permanente. There is no Health Savings Account (HSA) with this plan.
- BCBSNM will be changing HRA administrators in 2022. The HRA for BCBSNM participants will be transitioned from Connect Your Care to BenefitWallet effective April 1, 2022. The “auto-pay the provider” feature will be discontinued as of January 1, 2022. You will receive additional information on this transition from Benefit Wallet in early 2022.
Changes to Medical Benefits for Medicare Individuals
- There will be an increase to YSA annual allowance
- There will be premium changes for the Sandia Sponsored Group Medicare Plans
- The United Healthcare Group Medicare Advantage Plan is available to Medicare-eligible retirees, spouses, dependents, surviving spouses and LTD Terminees nationwide. The New Mexico residence restriction has been removed.
- Important: You cannot enroll in a Sandia-sponsored group Medicare Advantage Plan and elect the YSA option. You must select one or the other.